Cheiron Medical
Cheiron Medical

What do I need to do?

EASA and European Professional Pilot's Licenses

To obtain an EASA Commercial Pilot's License (Com or ATPL), you will need a Class One Medical Certificate. These are issued only by the CAA, and although I can advise whether or not you are likely to meet the required standards, you will still need to arrange a medical examination with the CAA at Gatwick in order to obtain your first certificate. Once you have done this, you will usually be able to renew it with me.

The same proceedure applies if you wish to pursue a career as an ATCO and require an European Class 3 Medical certificate

EASA Private Pilot's License:

In order to obtain a Private Pilot's License, you will need a Class Two Medical Certificate. I am able to issue initial Class 2 certificates and also provide renewal certificates.

EASA Light Aircraft Pilot's License:

If you wish to obtain a LAPL, please direct your GP to follow the link which gives details of these requirements

I am able to carry out LAPL examinations, however, due to the fact that I do not have access to full NHS medical records the examination would take the same format as a Class 2 EASA medical examination. Should you meet EASA Class 2 medical standards this would allow you to have an EASA Class 2 certificate,however once the stipulated period for an EASA Class 2 certificate has expired, teh certificate would "drop down" to an LAPL certificate until such time as that expires.

What to bring with you:

For the first time I see you I will need any form of identification that has a photo and your signature e.g. Passport or Driver's License.

You will also need to bring along:
  • Your logbook and license or a note of your total hours and hours since your last medical.
  • The name, address and phone number of your GP.
  • If you wear glasses and/ or contact lenses to fly, please bring these with you as well as a recent prescription from your optician, unless there has been no change since your last prescription.
If you are able to do so, print out and complete the application form at:
Print | Sitemap
Expertise in Aviation and Occupational Medicine